Fri, Apr 14|
Pre-Opening Insider's Tour 4/14/23
Join us for a fundraising sneak preview, guided walking tour of Uhuburg! See the castle, murals and grounds through the lens of our 4 part mission during our final season under construction.
Time & Location
Apr 14, 11:00 AM – 12:45 PM
Helen, 571 Ridge Rd, Helen, GA 30545, USA
About the event
We want you to know what to expect. Please note the following information and share with others in your group:
- Please arrive between 5 and 15 minutes (no sooner than 30 minutes) before your tour. We'll meet you there to have you check in, sign a waiver, and pay entrance in cash (details below).
- Tour participants will gather at the lower gates off of Ridge Road. Right at the tour start time, everyone will go up the hill to the castle at the same time. If you arrive before the gates are opened, please wait for us.
- Bathrooms are not available until after tour start time. There simply aren’t facilities at the lower gates ~ please plan ahead and make sure your group knows.
- You will be part of a guided walking tour through the castle and grounds, including behind-the scenes areas! Tour path varies from day to day and, in most cases, is not weather dependent.
- As a philosophical place, murals depicting various religions and philosophies are part of the tour. The series will eventually include between twenty and thirty of these artistic displays.
- We are still a construction site and you are responsible for your health and safety. Every participant will sign a waiver upon arrival.
- Tours are best for an older audience at this time as we are more of a museum than a park, but children are welcome and must stay with a parent/guardian at all times. Some of the statues celebrate the human body.
- These Pre-Opening tours are fundraisers. We appreciate your interest and support!
We are currently CASH only, paid upon arrival:
- $20 for Adults
- $15 for children 12 and under
- Free for 2 and under
Please have your tickets available on your phone or bring a printed copy to present upon arrival. Two emails will be sent when you register: one with tickets and one with an info sheet you can share if there are others in your group.
Finding our Entrance:
- Uhuburg is located at 571 Ridge Road in Helen, Georgia, USA.
- We do not yet have signage and the castle is not visible from the road. Look for our entrance on the South side of Ridge Road.
- The entrance is a dirt road through green metal gates under the watchful eye of an owl statue mounted on a cairn. A mailbox reads 571. Drive through the gates to be greeted by one of us here at Uhuburg. If you arrive before we are there, please wait for us by the gates instead of driving farther up the road.
We’re excited to have you! Please send us a note though our Contact Page if you have any questions!
From $15.00 to $20.00
From $15.00 to $20.00Price optionPriceQuantityTotal